Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sweets for my Sweet


Long distance relationships are a brain drainer when it comes to gift giving ideas.  Every time there are special occasions like Birthdays, Christmas, Easter or Valentines Day, I rack my brain for something I can send to my sweetie. It is not easy as they have to fit in a small packet/box, deliverable, would survive the trip and most important, not that heavy as the postal charge can be a killer sometimes.  Add to that, he already has most of the stuff he wants.  I’ve tried all the cheesy, a bit kinky (wink wink), romantic, funny, practical gifts I can think of. This year though, I have run out of ideas. I think my undying, honest and faithful love is more than enough, right? RIGHT! hahaha…

Anyway, I thought I will just DO instead of send something.  So I went to buy small cupcakes (yummy!) from Cielin’s Cakehouse and put candles for him to blow, on webcam!  He was very amused at my antics and that made my day.  He was worried though that I would eat all the cupcakes I bought. Worry not.  Although I had a couple of tiny ones, the rest went to the neighbors :-)

Captured thru webcam. Sweetie cropped out because he is shy

Surviving a long distance relationship is hard as it is.  However, we don’t choose who destiny has in store for us.  We just keep our fingers crossed, pray and, diabetic or not, make things as sweet as it can get. I know, CHEESY!!! But, that’s just me :-)

And to my sweetie, (in case you read this) HAPPY  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment